The Greeks have used sundials to measure time since 100 B.C. Reminiscent of classic Greek mythology, this Atlas Armillary Sundial will demand attention, whether placed in your home or garden.
An exquisite and functional work of art, the Good Directions armillary sphere is an estate quality yard ornament that is constructed of heavy gauge brass, finished steel and aluminum materials. The sphere rings are imprinted with Roman numerals embossed in bronze to accurately measure and display time as the sun casts it's shadow throughout the day, just as it did in ancient Greece. This high quality time instrument will be a not only a treasured yard and garden centerpiece or a wonderful accent to an existing yard scape but also a wonderful conversation piece that is sure to delight and intrigue everyone that sees it.
- Exquisite and functional work of art.
- A beautiful focal point in the yard or inside your home.
- Cast Aluminum Atlas base figure.
- Forged steel sphere with inner brass gnomon.
- Assembled size: 28"H x 27"W x 16"D ; Sphere only: 17"W x 16"H ; Atlas base only: 12"H x 9.5"L x 4.25"W.
- Weighs 15 lbs.